Tornado aftermath- Moore, OK

As I sit and watch the news this morning, I am thankful for the grace that God gave this city as that tornado roared through it. The massive tornado that Mother Nature had created could have easily taken hundreds of  lives, but it did not manage to do that in Moore, OK.

A town that is home to country music superstar, Toby Keith, may be destroyed, but the people there will rebuild and will be stronger than ever. They have recovered once from a huge tornado and will this time as well. Although, the worst of the loss is with the families of the children lost in the storm while at school families will unite and this community will find a way to deal with the loss and move ahead from it. The spirit that I have seen with the interviews that have been on the many news stations is astounding!

I personally have collected money, clothes, and I will be buying gloves today to take there or send with a dear friend. I know that there are many, many months of recovery and rebuilding and I am sure that my daughter and I will make a trip there soon to aid in that rebuilding. I will serve food or help families that need help. Whatever it takes!

For those of you all over the United States and the rest of the world that have never lived through a disaster first hand, think this morning about what it would be like to have your entire life taken from you in just a matter of a few minutes. Think of what it would be like to start a new life with only what items would fit into a laundry basket.

Be thankful for what you have today and hug your children a little tighter today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner