Brad Paisley and a Surprise

I treated my daughters to a Brad Paisley concert last night, as my youngest is a HUGE fan of his. They were both excited about going and although the weather was not perfect and the seats were only lawn seats at Klipsch Music Center, it turned out to be a fun and surprising night.The rain held out and they ended up with front row lawn seats.

 The concert started with a performance by a family that the girls aren't sure of their names followed by acts by Chris Young and Lee Brice before Brad took the stage. After performing several of his big hits, the girls were surprised when Brad performed on a mini stage that was set up near the lawn seats. This allowed them a more up close and personal look at the singer. However, the biggest surprise of the night  was when he began to sing his hit song " Remind Me" and the one and only Carrie Underwood joined him on stage. Well, as my girls have grown up with American Idol and country music, this was a true surprise and a shocking moment but one that they will remember forever. Carrie is truly as beautiful and talented as she seems in television interviews and on the radio.

 I am not sure what they plan to do for me for Mother's Day but my gift to them made my heart sing as I listened to my daughter tell me about the fun she had and how pleased she was with the concert. I am thankful that God allowed me to find a deal on seats and that I was able to send them.

To Brad Paisley I would say, "Thank You" for traveling and performing to allow others to be a part of your talent. I know these stars spend a lot of time on the road and that they miss their families just as we would and it is a true blessing to know that they enjoy what they do and are willing to make the sacrifices to share their lives with others.

Military people deserve the same respect and pay that these entertainers get as they do the same thing and risk their lives each day to make sure that we can attend programs like last night. Take time to remember all the female "mom" soldiers who are fighting for our freedom this Mothers Day.

Happy Mothers Day to each and every mother who reads this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024