New Year - New Theme

Well, here it is mid January and I am trying to finally organize myself a little more and I am trying to hold myself a little more accountable for what I do and do not do in a day's time. First of all, I am working two jobs now and still doing the animal chores, the housework, home schooling my daughter, and keeping up with 4-H and all other scheduled activities. I really don't mind and my husband works just as hard as I do so I don't feel right complaining so this isn't a complaining session. I am actually going to make this blog be a part of my daily life this year and I intend to hold myself accountable on here and see where I can make some changes to make things easier and I am looking at ways to cut costs anywhere I can.

I don't normally use coupons because I don't see that they save much unless you buy a lot of name brand items and sometimes items that we normally do not buy. I don't know of any store near us that doubles coupons so as I've seen the show "Extreme Couponing" I really don't believe that people can get as many deals as they act as they do unless they live in an area where the stores double or triple coupons.

Last year, I found that meal planning saved me money and helped simplify my life, but for some reason I seemed to run out of time to do the planning. Well, I am going to start planning again. There are meals that I know my family enjoys that I don't cook often and that is going to change. I also intend to start planning the meals that we will eat in a week whether I actually plan the nights that I will serve them or not. I will start this for next week. I intend to hold myself accountable by sharing some of those menus on here.

I also have made my own cleaning products for several years now and yet, it seems that I have suddenly stopped doing that. I will once again start that and I will share some of those recipes and tips here as well. I find that it is expensive to purchase laundry products and I am looking for a way to make dryer sheets that I can use instead of buying them. I will let you know if I find a way of doing those.

Reading is very important to me and although both of my daughters have struggled with reading, I have not allowed them to not read. I will be sharing some of the books that we are reading here and I may even have my daughter blog some about what is important to her as well. I recently seen an interesting idea that someone in our county decided to do to make reading available to all and I am wanting to get other places going with the same idea and I will be sharing that later this month as well.

Our pets are important to us as well and I will be sharing many stories with our horses, dogs, cats, pigs, and chickens we;;. Keep reading for further information on them as well. Many changes to come and I hope to gather more readers as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24