A Wonderful Break

Many of you in the Midwestern US have suffered through the drought and high temperatures that this summer has brought. Many crops have suffered and many farmers will struggle with their income being directly affected by this drought. Most of us will suffer as well with higher prices at the stores. I am thankful to say that we have gotten a nice break from the high heat and the drought conditions with storms last night that brought rain and much cooler temperatures.
 When I woke and went out earlier today, I discovered that it was in the low 60's outside and was so excited! It seems as though it has been ages since we had nice temperatures like this and the rain was such a blessing. Our garden is beyond help, but we sure needed the rain. I know many with wells that were really getting concerned with the water level and I am sure that the soaking rain was a blessing.
 I want to wish each of you a wonderful Friday and a blessed weekend from our house to yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner