Merry Christmas

Well, it is Christmas Eve here on the farm and I must say that we are certainly enjoying the warm weather that we are having. It was a very brisk morning at 29 degrees but the high today is to be in the lower 40's and for this time of year in Indiana - that is fabulous! It is supposed to be almost 50 degrees tomorrow and although, I love a nice light snowfall for Christmas, I must say that I am thankful that we won't have one tomorrow.
It really just doesn't seem like Christmas here for some reason. I have my tree up and I have done the cards and cookies, but for some reason I just am not in the Christmas mood. I was thinking yesterday that I will be glad to have the tree down, but I was so excited when I put it up. I am not sure of what is going on, but I just can't seem to find the spirit that I normally have.
However, I know that we all need to remember the real reason for the excitment and that is Christ! I actually wrote an article on Triond this morning about the political way of saying Merry Christmas and why I choose to still say Merry Christmas. I don't care who knows that I am a Christian and that I am not ashamed to share my love for Christ with others. I don't mind someone saying Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings, but I love to hear people say Merry Christmas!
To all my readers, I want to wish you all the warmest of holidays and I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas! I am looking forward to sharing the day with family and friends. My daughter ( who recently lost her job) has found work babysitting and I am thankful for that. God is Good! He always provides and so it is hard to not share the day with His name as He is the reason that we celebrate on Dec. 25th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24