Happy Homemaker - August 10, 2026

 


Good Morning! I hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday, and I pray that you are relaxed from your weekend. I am joining Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for this weeks' Happy Homemaker Monday. (I am writing on Sunday though)

THE WEATHER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS:

HOT! We are supposed to have storms and rain most of the week, so I am hoping the humidity will calm down some, but the last few afternoons have just been the kind of day to be inside with the air conditioning running. 

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

My grandbabies

My home

Pink Zebra home fragrances

My Bible

Sunshine

Coffee, Tea, and an occasional blueberry muffin or bagel


First day of school was last week and these two were excited to go. I can't say that I was ready, but they sure were. Yes, Miss H is holding a baby chick.

BOOK I'M READING

I just finished reading One Tuesday Morning today and I am starting the second half of the book Beyond Tuesday Morning. This has been a great story, but such a tough one to read. It is about Sept. 11 and the tragedy that struck the United States when terrorists attacked our country and our people. Such a sad day of events, but with her usual faith-based stories, Karen Kingsbury has written a story that allows us to see a glimpse of how lives were and could have been touched by the events. 

WHATS ON MY TV TODAY:

Nothing. I rarely watch television during the day and especially not on the weekends. 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE:

Cinnamon raisin bagel and cream cheese with a slice of bacon. 

ON THE LUNCH PLATE:

Cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden with some cottage cheese. I do love the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers in the summer. 

ON THE DINNER PLATE:

Meatloaf

Mashed Potato

Spinach

Carrots

ON THE MENU:

Well, I may make a roast tomorrow night and then I am heading to my daughter's house, so hubby will be cooking for himself. 

ON MY TO DO LIST:

Go to UPS store and drop off a package

Post Office

Pack for daughter's house

Sweep and Mop

Laundry


Does it ever end? Not at my house!


NO WORDS NEEDED:



Nature's beauty at its finest!


DEVOTIONAL, PRAYER, BIBLE VERSE









Comments

  1. It is terribly hot here as well. 100 degrees! I hope you have fun at your daughter's house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular Posts