Holidays on the Farm

 Holiday time is right upon us and it is not any different here on the farm. Animals have changed and we no longer have any horses or large animals, except for the Great Dane that my husband loves so much. We still have ducks, rabbits, chickens, cats and dogs, which still takes some time to take care of, but life is much simpler these days.


With the holidays around the corner, I am quite busy with many plans with friends and family as well as with gifts, decorating, and all the hustle and bustle that comes with the holidays. With that craziness, I have also found out that I am looking at another foot surgery in January that will once again take me off my feet for several weeks and recovery will be close to 6 months or more again. UGH! Because the doctor wants it to be early January (the 12th to be exact), I am not doing much decorating this year and it makes the holiday not seem as bright and shiny. 


Matter of fact, I am emotionally really struggling in many aspects of my life and I am attempting to find some happiness and peace in my life. I am going to see a counselor after seeing the doctor a couple of days ago and a long talk led us to believe that I might benefit from it. I have never had any type of mental health issues, but I truly feel that I need some help. There is no reason to be ashamed of how I am feeling and I know that I need to deal with many issues before the issues that I am having destroys many relationships in my life. I am having some problems in my marriage that my husband does not see as a problem, but I see it as a real problem and I can not accept the ways things are currently. Neither of us have had an affair or anything crazy, but I am struggling with some things that I don't like from an employee of his and he doesn't see it as any issue. Maybe a therapist will help me to be able to explain better to him how I feel. 


What are your plans for the holiday season? Baking cookies, Christmas music, friends and family? I am trying to plan some fun activities for the grands while the oldest is on Christmas break. I have a few places that I want to take them and some fun activities that we can do together as well. I plan to bake cookies next week sometime. I will be celebrating the holiday with my son and daughter in law on the 18th and I hope to have desserts made by then. 

(Image by Google)


Well, I better run. A trip to the post office and the pharmacy is needed today and I think I may try to schedule the rest of my yearly tests that the doctor wants. Have a blessed day and my you have peace till our trails meet again. 



Comments

  1. I am so sorry about what is going on with you. I think it is great that you are going to a therapist! I believe it will really help. What kind of foot surgery are you having? I know what a drag that must be, having that hanging over your head at the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a complete reconstruction surgery. I will be non weight bearing for several weeks and I dread it so much.

      Delete
  2. I'm spending too much time on the computer looking at everyone else's Christmas and am woefully behind in my own. But I love it. I'll probably bake something today (we have to take dinner to friends tomorrow) and hopefully by the weekend I can wrap and get everything mailed. Falala -- it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mail many cards or do much for the holiday season as I am just not feeling it this year. Too many issues.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your struggles right now. It is better to seek help than to let it destroy you though. Oh no on the foot surgery. That's a long time to be laid up. I would probably go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, it's awful. I am truly not looking forward to it. I am struggling enough that I am worried as to what the time down will do for my mental health.

      Delete
  4. We all struggle from time to time and we all need help at some point.
    Saying a prayer for you, my friend......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep looking for your beautiful Christmas card and haven't gotten it yet.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry that you're having foot surgery. My husband had his ankle fused in November 2019 and it was no fun. It has also led to hip problems. Therapy is good. I think everyone needs a therapist from time to time. I know I did. And could probably still use one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps. My mood needs to improve or my relationships are going to suffer.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear that you will be having foot surgery...
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I appreciate it!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. There definitely is no shame in seeking help. That's the fist step to healing. Praying for your journey forward and your family and your up coming surgery. God Knows..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

      Delete
  8. I have struggled this year too, I lost 3 siblings in 5 months and as hard as I try… I am just heartbroken 💔. I pray that the therapy helps you in your life🙏🏼 I have been busy trying to do lots of things with family and friends. It is good to be with people that I love and who also love me. Enjoy your day and I will pray for you and your surgery ahead. Merry Christmas 🎄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner