Girls Trip to South Haven









If you have ever been to South Haven, Michigan you will know that it is absolutely one of the prettiest places on Earth. A recent girl's trip took my friend and I there and I am anxious to return and see some of these same sights again. The views of Lake Michigan, the shops, the food, and fun made it a wonderful weekend!  



They were actually preparing for a wedding on the beach and it was such a pretty sight! On the other side of the beach, we actually seen another bride and groom that had just exchanged wedding vows. What memories!!



How much fun it would be to live in this house? Look at the rounded part of the home and just the sheer beauty you would be surrounded by each day! We discussed that we would have a sun room or breakfast nook overlooking the water and how we would like to spend our days there.



We really enjoyed South Beach. We went to a few others along the water, but I felt that this was our favorite! We actually went on a nice day in September so we were able to take our shoes off and put our feet in the water ( which was cold) and we walked through the sand as well. 



The seagulls were everywhere! They weren't a nuisance though and they were not leaving a mess everywhere. I greatly enjoyed watching them walk along the beach and seeing the many flocks of them along the beach. Such pretty birds!



This is part of South Beach as well. It is along the walkway and I thought that it made a great photo opportunity. It looks as though a ship might just have been stranded here at some time. ( I know better, but..)



Lighthouses are such a unique piece of history and I always enjoy seeing them anytime we can. This one is not open to go into, but it was a great chance to do photos and spend a little time near the water and enjoying the time we were there. 

Oh, the sail boats that we seen. We sat and watched them for quite awhile. We wonder how they know when to let the sail in and out. I would love to ride on one so I am adding that to some bucket list that I will make one day. 

The Cabela's fishing boat was a real treat as well. I shared this with my husband and he enjoys fishing and he likes stores such as Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop. I was unaware that Cabela's had a professional fishing team. Amazing how you learn something new everyday, isn't it?

The walking path made it super easy to go to the end of the town and to the beach and water. 

Plenty to see in the marina as well. 



One of the best restaurants in South Haven is Clementine's. Located along the shopping area, it is a very unique restaurant. It is located in an old bank building so the beauty inside is just as wonderful as the outside. Our food was amazing and the service was impeccable. I would suggest it to anyone that I knew was going there. 
You can't talk about the food without sharing a photo of it. This sandwich was amazing and the salad my friend got was just as appetizing. The croissant was flaky, buttery, and made the sandwich. Oh my, my mouth is watering now just thinking of this food. I hope you are enjoying it as well. 


We ended each day of our trip at our hotel, which was in Indiana and only a short drive from South Haven. We were able to have a lakeside room with a small balcony that we could sit on to drink our coffee in the morning and our wine in the evening. What a perfect way to end the day with a good friend, a good drink , and a beautiful sunset. 









 

 

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous place. And the water is so blue! Were you able to go inside the lighthouse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, we were not able to go into the lighthouse. It was such a pretty town though. The shops were adorable and the food was fabulous.

      Delete
  2. It seems South Haven is quite of a heaven!
    I like everything displayed on your post, but was especially impressed by the building and food of 'Clementine's'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024