Farm Invaders

 Good Morning! It's wedding day again for us. This time my son and his beautiful fiancé are getting married. I absolutely adore her so I am very thankful that she will be my extra daughter. Aren't they too good looking? This was last weekend at my daughter's wedding. 

Speaking of my daughters' wedding, I can share a couple of photos with all of you without her being upset with me until she shares more. 
Here is the beautiful bride in her absolutely stunning dress! She was an amazing bride! She made her own flowers, decorations, food, and was simply stunning when she walked down the aisle. 

Here my husband and I are dancing in the couples dance. We were one of the longest married couples along with my best friend and her husband. We both are at 26 years, but we beat them by a few months. 

Now onto the farm news, we have an invasion happening here and it is not fun. Periodical cicadas have made their way to the farm. They are everywhere and the holes where they have came out of the ground are everywhere as well. Trees are covered with them or their shells. It's crazy to me how bad they are in some spots. 
Here is a good picture of them on the ground and their holes. 


This is blurry, but is an up close photo of one on a tree. 

I am including this article so that you can read more about the massive invasion if you are lucky enough to live someplace that they are not. These creatures live under ground and only come out every 17 years. They make a lot of noise and fly around. I don't know that they damage anything, but they sure are a nuisance. The reason they emerge is to mate and once they do, they die. Before mating, they lose their exterior shell and leave them behind. They are loud and very annoying.

I will leave you with a beautiful photo that I took a couple of mornings ago of the fog lifting above the trees. Each morning that I can, I sit outside on the back deck and read my Bible and enjoy the peace and quiet that morning brings (minus the roosters crowing) and this particular morning, I just noticed how amazing beautiful it was out. 

I hope you all have a great weekend. Enjoy Memorial Day and I am off to wedding number 2 for the week!!



Comments

  1. Your photo from the deck is so gorgeous! And what a cute couple your son and his new wife are. Her dress is like something in a fairy tale. Plus, it is so good to see YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my daughter's dress was absolutely beautiful. She wanted a long train and I must say that we found it. Absolutely amazingly beautiful. My sons wedding was beautiful as well, but not nearly as fancy as my daughters. His bride wore a simple white dress and no veil. I will post photos later.

      Delete
  2. Your son an his fiance are a cute couple. Your daughters dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the beautiful couples! Different kinds of weddings but both are precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Very different, but both were well done.

      Delete
  4. Another wedding, how lovely. They are a handsome couple for sure and your daughter's dress is stunning. And she did all that too!
    Isn't it amazing how little insects can take over so much area. I've never experienced that and it must be very disconcerting. I hope it will soon be over for another 17 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My daughters dress was exactly what she wanted. I am not sure how she pulled everything off, but she did. I am so proud of her!

      Delete
  5. Such beauty..both in those lovely daughters and the world around you.
    That wedding dress is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love her dress!! Absolutely stunning!!!! Beauty all around.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024