Recovery, Another Surgery, and Holidays

Good Sunday Morning! I pray that God has blessed each of you this week. I am considering starting a new blog where we will concentrate on God's blessings, but I might just add it to my weekly posts as I have started a social media plan for the new year. I will be here more often as well. It is going on my daily to do list! I am making some changes in my life next year and I hope that social media becomes a way to connect with many new people!

Onto the news in our neck of the woods... my recovery is going well. I am sure missing being able to walk, but I know it will come soon enough. My husband and my daughters have been helpful, but no one cleans as I do or feels the need to have well balanced homemade meals as I do. My husband is a work acholic and feels that he must be in his garage from 9 a.m. till dark and that just is not a good plan with me here during the day. I am beginning to be very judgmental of him due to I stopped everything when he had surgery and he has not for me. I am becoming grumpy and feeling a little more depressed daily. It sure does NOT feel like the holidays to me. BOO!!!!! 

One of my new plans for the new year is to find events in nearby states that I will be able to travel to and sell my Pink Zebra items. I hope to see CO-Vid restrictions ease soon so that things are back to some sort of normal by early in the year. This year has just been a little much, even for me. I am fully aware of the dangers of this illness, but I feel that the news media has caused much fear within many people and so many parts of our life has stopped when it should just have changed a bit. ( Not wanting this to be a political post or argumentative post, just my opinion. )We lost a family friend this week due to the virus and I know many families are dealing with loved ones that have passed alone and scared and I hate that it is that way. Our families, especially the elderly, need loved ones around! 

Anyway, recovery is happening. The doctor said that it looks good, but that I am still having more swelling than he prefers. He recommends ice and rest, which I do on a regular basis. I hope the news is a bit better on Thursday. He is due to remove the pins that are in my toes this week and hopefully, things are still looking good for that. 

Another surgery is happening this week.... NOT ME, but my grand doll. For those that have followed our story, you know that she was very bowlegged and was diagnosed with Blount's Disease. This will be her third surgery and this will hopefully, be the LAST!!!! Praise God!! She is having the pins and plates removed from the left leg( which was much worst than the right) on Wednesday. Of course, it will be the first one that I have not been at the hospital with her and I am very upset over that. I am scared as I know she does not do well with waking up from the anesthesia and I hate that I can't be there with her.  Many of you remember that I about passed out the first time because she walked away with the nurse and I knew she was going into the operating room without me or her mom, plus the waiting room was so far from her. I can't imagine what this week will be as I will be over 20 miles from the hospital and I am not going to be there. This girl has my heart and if something were to happen and I was not there, I could never live with that. Prayers that surgery goes smooth and that she does well with the entire thing. My heart is breaking just typing this!!!!

Holidays are so different this year! My tree is not up and presents are not bought yet. Not all of my decorations are up and our family won't all be here at the same time this year. It is sad, but goes along with the rest of the year. I will be glad to see 2020 go, but I am a little worried about 2021. It seems as though life could not get stranger, but we all thought in March that it would be a few weeks of separation and masks and yet, here we are many weeks later and the virus is still controlling our lives.

As you go about your Sunday, if you have a quiet moment and you pray - say a special prayer that the New Year brings our lives back to a little more normal! 

Thanks for reading and I wish you all a Happy Holiday Season from the Funny Farm!!


Comments

  1. It's good to hear that your recovery is going well. I have been remembering to pray for you. And I join you in that prayer for the new year....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I pray for you and LD nightly as well.

      Delete
  2. I am praying for your granddaughter. For you and your family. For all of us . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your precious husband are on my prayer list daily.

      Delete
  3. Prayers coming...
    Praying that the Lord will fill you with a new sense of Hope and that a quiet peace and joy will flood your soul.
    Happy your surgery has gone well and praying also for your GrandDoll and her surgery.
    God Knows
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those prayers were heard as she is doing well.

      Delete
  4. I am glad to hear you are doing well! Except for your spotty care. Maybe you should have a talk with your husband, and you can both come to some kind of compromise? I know how you feel abut your granddaughter, we went through it when our son was two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A talk with my husband would never do any good as he thinks he is doing ok. He told our daughter that I was in perfect hands.

      Delete
  5. Prayers for your grand doll and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are doing well Thoughts and prayers for your granddaughter as she goes for her surgery

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray that things will get back to normal, these times are not good for any of us. I pray that you heal completely and that the surgery goes well for your little grand doll! I know that you will miss being there. I Will keep praying! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner