Saturday 9: Could've Been

Could've Been

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
 Saturday 9: Could've Been (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This wistful song is about a love affair that ended. What song reminds you of a long-ago love?

A. The song "What Could Have Been" by Little Texas. 

2) It was written by Lois Blaisch, a singer-songwriter who performs at clubs around Los Angeles and has sung outdoors at Disneyland. Would you prefer to attend a concert indoors, or outside under the stars?

A. Indoors due to weather concerns, but I do enjoy listening to music outside. 

3) This week's featured artist, Tiffany, appeared on the TV talent show Star Search when she was just 14. She came in second. Though she was disappointed, she admits she learned from it. She studied the singer who won and says it made her a better performer. Can you recall a time when you weathered a tough time and came through stronger?

A. There have been many times, but the near loss of my mom when she ruptured her esophagus was very rough. I believe, we are all struggling right now through a time that will make us stronger. 

4) Early in her career, she toured Alaska, opening for country legend George Jones. Have you ever visited our 50th state? 

A. No, it is on my places to visit. Just have not made it yet. 

5) Tiffany provided the voice of Judy Jetson in 1990's Jetsons: The Movie. Which cartoon did you enjoy more: the space-age Jetsons or the pre-historic Flintstones?

A. Oh! I could never pick between the two as I loved both of them. 

6) In 2007, she appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club and lost 28 lbs. Are you making an effort to stay fit during this stay-at-home period?

A. I have been taking a few walks, but I know I am snacking more so I don't know that it will help. 

7) In 1987, when this song was popular, Aretha Franklin became the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What's your favorite Aretha song?

A. R-E-S-P-E-C-T and "I Knew You Were Waiting" which she performed with George Michael. 

8) Also in 1987, third-generation race car driver Marco Andretti was born. Are you a race fan?

A. Not much. I should be since we live in a state that is very race active in May, but just do not care a great deal for it. My husband even raced for a few years. 

9) Random question: Do you find it easy to sit still, or are you fidgety?

A. Fidgety, for sure! I don't like to sit still at all. I do better if I am sitting outside , but I still need to move often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner