Wonderful Wednesday #1

I am going to attempt to do a new type of post each Wednesday now and entitle it Wonderful Wednesday just because we all refer to Wednesday as Hump Day and I am a not a huge fan of that phrase and Wednesdays always seem to be the day that not a lot happens here so I am going to dedicate this day for a special and different type of post.

I will not always write about the same things or anything particular on Wonderful Wednesday, but I will attempt to remember to write each Wednesday. If anyone has a subject that they would like me to mention on Wonderful Wednesday, simply send me a quick message and I will do just that.

For today, I am going to first mention that I am fighting yet another summer sinus infection or severe allergy flair up. UGH! I hate feeling bad as it takes so much time away from other things, but I have got to relax a little and read.

Lately I have been very interested in reading Amish stories and The Secret Keeper by Beverly Lewis is a really good one. You can find the Amazon link here. It's an interesting story about a young Englisher that wants to become Old Order Amish and here venture into a world that is very different from what she has lived. She finds that not everyone in the Amish community is following the rules as they are supposed to be.

Of course, I have also read another book by my favorite author, Karen Kingsbury In This Moment. This story revolves around high school principal, Wendell Quinn and his decision to start an after school Bible study group in a public high school where kids struggle with drugs, death, etc. Here is the Amazon link for it as well. 

I must also tell you that I took my grand doll on her first official trail ride a couple of weeks ago while we were camping and she loved it. She talked non stop and was aware of everything on the trail. I was fully aware that my saddle is not big enough for the two of us, but we have already solved that issue by finding a larger saddle that my husband rode in before he suffered with his back issues. 

We started out a short ride and it turned into about 2 hours that we were gone. She rode through the creek, up hill, down hill, across a ridge that offers amazing views. We saw birds and talked about different wildlife that would be possible to see. 
This is our latest horse, Sugar and she is a doll. She is about 19 or 20, but she is a been there, done that horse that is safe to be trail ridden by the two of us. She rode nice and smooth and was so gentle with everything she done. I would even allow my grand doll to ride her alone with myself on the trail with her once she knows how to control the reins. What a great time to learn! What a fun experience for me and her!!Anyway, my hubby is inside and wanting to talk, so that is all for this week of Wonderful Wednesday!

Comments

  1. I love the photo of your two on the horse! I admire your skills! My daughter, Amber, loved horses and took lessons plus entertained the idea of becoming a vet. She loved horse camp more than any other kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love my horses! Riding gives me such a relaxed feeling as long as the horse is a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24