Country Weddings

We are a hobby farm family that enjoys raising some of our own food and we enjoy the horses and being outdoors. I am happy to say that when my daughter gets married, we will be having a fall, outdoor country wedding.  I have occasionally talked with others about those type of weddings and I have looked at Pinterest to see what ideas are out there.

There are several ideas. Most floral arrangements include sunflowers which would make me happy since I love sunflowers! I think that they are prettier than roses or any other flowers. I would love to raise my own but I never seem to have much luck with them. I may just buy some fake ones today if I am out so that I can have some here.

I am not much for decorating my home for holidays other than Christmas, but I am starting to think that I should decorate for fall. I know I can't do much as the grand doll would be into all of it. I am thinking that our tree will certainly be a little one this year that can be placed on a table as there is simply no place to put the darn thing that she will not be into it. Anyway, this sounds like it is off post, but really is not. My daughter has said that she would like to have her wedding here, which means when it is to happen, she will expect me to help with decorations. I am sure that I can but it may be a challenge when I realize that I really am not great at making things that look professional. LOL!

Here is a list of items that I feel are important to a country wedding:

haybales for seating
burlap for décor
fall flowers
boots
mason jars
wood
milk cans or milk style pails

an old barn would be great for photos

What do you think? Perfect country wedding décor? I believe so!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner