Spring Has Sprung

Spring that wonderful time of year when the trees and flowers begin to bloom, baby animals begin to arrive, the weather begins to warm even when the mornings may be cool. It is a beautiful time of year and as the sun is rising here on the farm at 6:30 in the morning, it seems that the days are just more beautiful now than ever before.
 Most of us in the US had a long, cold, snowy winter and so it is nice to enjoy some of the warmth that we are having. As I was outside yesterday moving around, I noticed that many of our trees have cocoons in them and one tree that I can see outside the window has 7 of them in it. I also noticed yesterday that there are many small worms everywhere and I wondered what will come from the cocoons and if they are the reason we have so many worms out.
 We have a few new animals on the farm. We were lucky enough to purchase a couple of new turkeys last week and we also have purchased three new Silkie chickens and 2 fan tailed pigeons. The pigeons are very interesting birds and I am excited to have them. I really don't know much about them, but I will learn.
 The Silkies are such interesting chickens and just beautiful. They almost look as though they are covered with long , silky hair instead of feathers. They are also the most docile of the chicken breeds, so they are a little more friendly than you would expect. We are currently looking for hens as the ones we have are roosters.
Well, I must get to work. My daughter is starting a new job today and I must say that I am excited about that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner