Paula Deen and Other News

Paula Deen is in the news right now, but not for her cooking. She is being sued by a former employee and her show is being dropped by the Food Network at the end of June due to her admission of using derogatory language in the past. Paula has admitted in an interview to using the "N" word when commenting on a black man who had robbed her when she was a bank teller.  She has apologized, but I am sure that the media will just completely destroy her and her family with this news.  I personally don't understand why something that happened in the 80's is just now being brought up and I feel that she should not be dropped from the network just because of something that happened before her show was on the air. The public needs to remember that she was born and raised in southern Georgia and I am sure that she grew up hearing words like that daily. It is not an excuse, but I am sure that we have all said and done things that we should not have at some time in our lives. 

As far as the word she used, I see people being offended by it, however; I also find it interesting that a white person is considered racist by using it, but African Americans use it in rap songs quite often and it is accepted. I don't believe in being racist and I don't believe in using those slurs but I believe that it should be regarded as wrong when used by anyone. 

Edward Snowden, a name that has suddenly become very well known, is now being charged with espionage for leaking the information that cell phone and email messages were being listened to and read by the US government. I have not decided yet if I agree with what he done or not, but I wonder how he feels about what he done. I believe that we as American citizens should know that we are being spied on, but I can also see the good that it could do. I believe that our freedoms are slowly being taken away and that we are standing by and allowing it to happen and that they are using things like this to convince us that it is for our good that it is happening. 

I know that there are terrorists on American soil and I also know that there are many from other countries that contact Americans for the purpose of terrorism, but I also feel that it is a violation of our rights as citizens to have this happening. I personally have nothing to hide and I am sure that my phone or email would not be a targeted one, but I just feel that we need to be concerned as to what else the government is doing.

Until the next time, I hope you have a great day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024