Happy Homemaker Monday - October 5,2026

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Happy Homemaker Monday here on the hobby farm that I call home. I will be linking up with Sandra and other bloggers to bring you some of the exciting homemaking information that we offer. Each Monday, we write about our homemaking lives and what we do for our families throughout the week. 


It is hard to believe that harvest time is upon us and that we are in the beautiful fall month of October. As I look around outside, I still find it hard to believe that we are nearing the end of the year, as I still am picking tomatoes and still have spring flowers that are blooming.  


This time of the year, I love fragrances like Sweater Weather, Flannel Blanket and Cashmere scents and I purchase all of my home fragrances from Pink Zebra as they are non-toxic and even offer headache friendly scents that don't trigger migraines. 

Enough about me, let's get started with our Happy Homemaker...


THE WEATHER....

We are to have temperatures that are about normal for this time of the year this week. Highs in the upper 70's and lower 80's with nighttime temperatures around the mid 40's. Sunny all week and no rain, which we desperately need, in sight. 

AS I LOOK OUT MY WINDOW...

I am starting to see more leaves turning yellow and a vibrant red and orange. I also see a side yard that truly needs some tending too. I enjoy fall, but I dislike spending such pretty days cleaning up, when I would rather be at a fall festival. 



RIGHT NOW, I AM...

Sitting at my computer desk, writing this post and drinking a cup of pumpkin spice coffee with brown sugar in it. The brown sugar is made from monk fruit and it is so tasty. I am not a huge fan of pumpkin spice coffee, but for some reason this morning, it just sounded tasty. 

THINKING AND PONDERING...

What will we have for dinner? What I need to work on the most today? Which tasks I can leave for tomorrow? What mood the grand will be in when she gets home as she was fussy this morning because we made her change her outfit that didn't match and she didn't get her normal sleep last night. Why are preteen girls so moody?

HOW I'M FEELING...

Not motivated for sure. I feel like it is a day that I would like to snuggle under my blanket again and just read my book, but that does not get the chores for the day accomplished. Anyone else ever feel this way? Is it because it is Monday or is it because I want to be lazy today?

ON THE LUNCH PLATE:

 Leftover ranch pork cutlets or pasta. I am not sure which one I will want when lunch gets here. 

ON THE DINNER PLATE...

No idea. I wanted soup, but husband does not really care for soup. I might make orange chicken. I really need to work on a menu, but I have not spent any time doing those types of things this weekend. 

WHAT I AM WEARING...

Sweats. I had to take the grands to school, and it is a bit chilly out, so I threw on sweats. They will be comfy till about noon and then it will be too warm for them. It is fine as I will need to shower then and get ready for parent teacher conferences then.

ON MY READING PILE...

 

This has been a slow read for some reason, but it is starting to get more interesting now that I have read 11 chapters of it. The rest should go much faster. 


The audio book that I am listening to. It is hard to listen to at times, and I have had to stop it for a few days and return to it later. I can't imagine any of my girls going through the things that this woman endured by her own family and men like Epstein. I truly think that there is a special place in hell designed for men that abuse young women and women that abuse young men, especially sexually. 



    ON MY TV....
                                                 
Nothing right now and I am not sure when it will be on today. I know I recorded "Sister Wives" last night because I want to see why Kody and Robin left the show and see how the other women are doing now that they have made lives for themselves without him. I also know "Fire Country" and "Sheriff Country" premiere this week and I can't wait for the new seasons!

                                                                                                                                    


LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE...

I see clutter that truly needs cleaned up this week. My daughter and grand visited last week and it was hectic and a mess. I was gone most of the weekend and what time I was home was spent doing laundry, so lots of cleaning up today. Plus, it is time to wash bedcovers, so that is already happening. Washer will be busy today.

TO DO LIST FOR THE WEEK...

M - Launder bed covers, clean from last week and weekend, meal plan, graphics to design, work to be completed and mail to be filed. 
T- work, laundry
W- Work, pack for weekend and fall break next week, paperwork, buy license plates
TH - Work, vacuum and mop each room. clean tub
F- Tidy up, work, PZ game night. Get hubby meals for weekend ready
S- travel with friends

SOMETHING FUN TO SHARE...


Aren't these the cutest animals ever?

PRAYERS AND DEVOTIONALS...

Please pray for my cousin, John, as he is battling cancer and has finished his treatments, but is still so weak from them. Pray that God touches and heals him! Also, pray that justice is swiftly given to a man that killed a woman and her young stepson, about 20 years ago, and has finally been caught. The sad thing is that he was only 14 years old when he killed them. The families deserve swift justice though.



Have a blessed and Happy Monday and remember that turning to God can help the bad feelings evaporate and the struggles lessen when we put our trust in Him. 














Comments

  1. Had a nice time visiting. thinking of your cousin. I find I feel lazy more often as I grow older... I give myself a push to accomplish as much as I can in the mornings... and then I can relax ;) Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about John. hopefully his treatments were successful. The orange chicken sounds so good! This tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular Posts