Have You Ever Seen A Pink Chicken?

 


Good Friday Morning! Have you ever seen a pink chicken? This was at our local county fair in support of breast cancer awareness. I am assuming there was a bit of dye used to make this Silkie chicken look like it does. I must say I haven't ever seen such a thing.

Onto other farm happenings, my cucumbers that I planted in the front yard are growing and producing lots of cucumbers. The vines are large and we have enjoyed many fresh cucumbers this year. I am enjoying them and the grands are learning to love cucumber water. 


My tomato plants that I always plant in the front inside these blue barrels are growing fantastic too. It seems that all the rain early this summer was a blessing, except for the bugs that are everywhere! I have never had gnats in my house as bad as they are this year and the mosquitos seem to have taken over in the last week. UGH!!!


Another nuisance this year has been these pesky squirrels. They have been in our feed barrels and stealing food from the duck pens like crazy. 


Our bounty has been nice this year though and I have had many eggs to enjoy. I have sold some as well this year. 


No matter what work there is to be done, it is always nice to see a beautiful evening with a fantastic sunset. 



Have a great day and enjoy the weekend!








Comments

Popular Posts