Saturday 9 -The Nanny

Saturday, August 11, 2018


Saturday 9: The Nanny

Saturday 9: The Nanny (1993)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is the theme from a sitcom that originally aired from 1993 to 1999. Were you a fan?

A. Yes, I loved the show. I found Fran's voice to be annoying at first, but I grew to love her and the show. 

2) The song tells us that Fran once worked in a bridal shop. Have you ever worked in a retail setting?

A. I have worked in a retail setting several times. I was a manager for Dollar General for about 4 years. It is an exciting job but a very tiring job and it seems that these days customers are generally rude. 

3) The kids in the Sheffield household appreciate their nanny's "joie de vivre," which is defined as "exuberant enjoyment of life." Are you feeling joie de vivre this morning?

A. I can't say I feel joie de vivre, but I tend to enjoy life and I like to be happy and joyful. 

4) "The Nanny" is the colorful one, the one who wears red when everyone else wears tan. What color do you think you look best in?

A. Purple is my favorite color. It may not be what I look best in, but it is what I prefer to wear.

5) The TV show, The Nanny, was the brainchild of actress Fran Drescher. She got the idea while visiting her an old friend in London. Her friend's pre-teen daughter enjoyed having Fran as a confidante and shopping buddy. Do you enjoy shopping as a leisure activity? Or would you prefer to just dash into a store, grab what you need, and get out and go home?

A. I would say it depends on the mood I am in and what store it is. I could spend hours in a bookstore and I typically could spend a lot of time in a hardware store, like Menard's. I hate to clothing shop and I don't like to grocery shop. 

6) The friend Fran was visiting in London was Twiggy, who was the world's most famous model in the 1960s. Name another famous model.

A. Christi Tiegs

7) The Nanny: The Complete Series is available on DVD on Amazon. It consists of 19 discs and takes 55 hours to watch, start to finish. What TV show have you recently binge watched?

A. I don't binge watch anything. I can barely sit through a show , much less binge watch it. 

8) The Nanny theme was sung by Liz Callaway. Her father, the late John Callway, was a long-time Chicago newscaster. Have you, or has a loved one, ever been on TV?

A. One time several years ago, I was on television. I was part of a newscast about a support group that I was a part of when my dear friend, then boyfriend, was deployed during Operation Desert Storm. Most members had left because their loved ones were home, but being a Marine he was still deployed. 

9) Random question -- Which of these adjectives comes closest to describing you: sexy, sophisticated or down-to-earth?

A. I would say that I am down-to-earth. We live on a hobby farm and so I tend to be with animals and the outdoors quite often. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner