Gray Clouds on Sun Day

Yes, it is Sunday but you would not know that by looking at the dark gloomy and gray clouds that are looming over us. The entire weekend has been a nasty one! Since Friday we have had some real gullyworshers as my grandparents would say. I know Friday night we had more than two inches of rain in less than 30 minutes. How crazy!

As I look at the radar, it seems that the weather man is right that we are going to see quite a bit of rain before it is over and that it will continue for several days. I pray that it stops soon and I pray that by next weekend, the entire storm system is out of here as my friends and I are going on a small birthday celebration trip.

The farm is simply drenched! The pasture is simply a mud pit and the poor horses are certainly enjoying the barn. I feel for them as there is so much mud! I am always worried that one will break a leg or something struggling with the mud. The duck pen is a muddy mess as well. It could be a pig sty and no one would know the difference.

I believe that the chickens are even hiding today! Why should they get wet? We truly don't need the roosters to crow for us to be up. I am sure that they start much earlier than we do.

As I sit here now writing, I am hearing another round of showers move in and more clouds are covering the home as it is getting quite dark. I will be glad when the weather system moves on and gives us back some nice weather soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24