Weather Alert - Weekly Report and Other Tidbits

To all my Blogger friends here, I must first say how very sorry I am that I have not been here much and that my reading is so far behind, but I will visit your pages and I will read the words that you have written. My life has been crazy to say the least for the last week. More on that later and now onto the important things in life.

For anyone that lives in the Plains, Midwest and the Southern areas of the United States, PLEASE take heed to the weather warnings that are being issued by meteorologists all over the country. An Ice Storm looks to be headed into many parts of those areas of the country. Ice is one of the worst weather issues that I believe that we can have. It makes travel nearly impossible and it can cause power outages and other issues as trees and power lines become heavy from the weight of the ice. As I have been watching reports talking of this storm, I just pray that everyone uses common sense and stays in. It is nice that it is happening on a weekend as there won't be as many people traveling to and from work. Employers need to realize that human life is more important than that day of work. I believe that my daughter is going to stay home this weekend as I do not want her on the roads if we have ice. Here is a link to a video showing this storm.

Today is Friday the 13th and for many people that is a sign of bad things happening. I am not superstitious so I really don't think of it as a threat, but with the ice moving in, I guess we could say that it is due to the date. If you are one that worries about this day, I would recommend that you just relax and let the day go as it needs too. Maybe a good day to stay home and snuggle up with a blanket and cup of hot tea or coffee.

Life has been crazy here and I will share a little more about all of that tomorrow. I want to share another story with you all that literally, broke my heart as I heard of it today. As I was watching the news today, I heard of a story of an 8 year old girl that saved two of her younger brothers from a fire. She is truly a hero, but then the remainder of the story told that her mother had survived the fire as well but that 6 children lost their lives in the fire and dad was at work when the entire thing happened. The fire was in Baltimore and the family's name was Malone. Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, PRAY for the family. Here is the story. There is a go fund me page that you can find here and I ask that if you can afford a dollar that you please give to this family. I have cried since hearing this and it reminds me to love my family a little more each day. I do not know the family but my heart truly breaks for them.

That is all for now. I will be telling you all about my week at a later time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24