Crazy Thing Called Life

Life seems to be flying by these days and there are so many things happening that I can hardly find time to keep up with myself these days. I was not home a single weekend in October and as November approaches, I find that the same thing is true this month as well. My date book is filling up quickly and I still know of a few things that I know I want to add to the calendar.

I have shared laughs and tears with friends, enjoyed a wonderful Girls Night Out with author Karen Kingsbury ( if you haven't ever read one of her books do so now!), been camping, and enjoyed a nice afternoon with my friend and my grand doll just photographing her in her natural beauty. I have enjoyed the wonderfully warm weather that we have had recently and will continue to enjoy it as long as possible.

I will be camping again this weekend with friends and family. My girls are going with us this weekend with their boyfriends as well. It will be a nice getaway and hopefully, I will get to do some riding as well since we are taking the horses too. The grand doll will be with us but she enjoys being outside so it won't be an issue. The biggest obstacle will be getting her to stay away from the horses other than when we want her to be with them. She enjoys playing with the neighbor's dog as well and so I am sure she will be entertained the entire time.

Speaking of the grand doll, we spoke to the doctor this week about how bowlegged she is and we are being sent to see an orthopedic doctor next week. The doctor is concerned that she may have a vitamin D deficiency that is causing it. They drew blood, which was very hard for this grandmother to see being done. The pediatrician is a new one and so she was thorough and I appreciate that. She listened to our concerns and did necessary work to find out if there is an issue.

Now, for those of you that do not know the story, I basically became a grandmother overnight. My daughter went to the doctor believing that she might have a tumor and found out that she was pregnant. She had been taking birth control and had just had a pregnancy test a couple of months prior, which was negative. The ultrasound showed she was due in three weeks. Thinking we had three weeks to prepare for a child was draining to say the least, but when she went into labor the next morning and our three weeks turned into 19 hours, you can only imagine the range of emotions that you have.  Fearing that the child would surely come out missing limbs as my daughter had been with no prenatal care and barrel racing her horse only the weekend prior, this grandma was thrilled to see a healthy baby. Now my fears are a little more real that she may have some problems that will take some time to fix. I have turned it to God though as His plan is to be revealed.

For the upcoming appointment with the ortho doctor, I am nervous and a little concerned, but I am truly trying to remain the optimist as my husband worries for both of us. I am hoping that the worse may be braces for a bit. As she wanted to play outside this week, I have been more aware of just how important it is that she play. She can climb the ladder to her small slide, she can push her toy by herself, she runs and walks with little coordination issues and I appreciate her little cowboy walk, bowlegged and all. As I watched her play, I just stopped to take in the small things that a child with braces might not be able to do as well. How pleasant and bittersweet that moment was! I truly believe that God was working at that moment saying , " Do not fret, my daughter, for I am here".

Well, my weekend is about to begin as I am going to the park a day earlier than my husband so I better get busy. Take care and have a good weekend whatever your plans are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner