Major Snowstorm

While I am sitting writing this, I am thinking of those affected by the major snowstorm that is hitting some of the southern states and most of the eastern United States. I am seeing blizzard warnings in and around the Washington D.C. area and hearing reports that are saying that it could be the storm of the century and the worst in history. The reports are saying to be prepared with food and water to last several days and up to a week in some areas. Ice and snow will be making the areas affected almost impossible for travel.

I am thankful that we are not being hit by this storm but I am also praying for those that are. I am thankful that the weather here is actually improving some this weekend with temperatures around 30. I am glad to see some warming and glad we still have snow on the ground, but not getting more. I am thankful to not have the ice as well. I am thankful that we have a generator that we could use if the power was out for an extended period of time. I am also thankful that we have wood heat as it never makes us vulnerable to not having to worry about keeping our family warm.

For those affected by the storm, please stay safe! Know the limits of what you can and can't do and prepare for the time you may be without heat or power or both. Make sure to have meals that you can prepare if you are stranded in for a bit and meals that do not require electric.  Make sure to have bottled water, but remember that snow can be made into water if needed. Remember that food or milk can be kept cold outside in a cooler as well with in these types of weather conditions. Keep your families safe! Know that many of us in areas that are not experiencing this storm are praying for you as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner