Sunday Thoughts

As Sunday afternoon is coming to a close, I sit here in deep thought of the many people struggling with cancer. I have a dear friend that is certainly fighting a battle that I am not sure I would be strong enough to fight and I am praying that there is a cure found soon as she basically needs a miracle. Her palette count is so low that chemo is not an option at this time and I am afraid that God may be calling her home. That scares me!

I have another friend that is fighting this demon that we have all came to know so well. Cancer seems to not have boundaries- no age limit, no race lines, no economic lines, etc. It seems that it is it's own ruler and it attacks at the most inopportune moment. However, prepared one might think that they - they are not! Cancer is a scary word and it is even more scary when you are fighting for the second, third, fourth, etc. times.

I keep thinking that God has their futures' in his hands, but it seems that at least one is slipping slowly through and that breaks my heart. I have cried quite often this week and I am not sure that the tears will end. My one friend is someone that I share many memories with and yet, I have not seen her in many years. I would love to talk with her and yet, I realize that she is very ill!

The other friend was a classmate and she was able to attend our class reunion and was the hit of the evening. It seemed that everyone was very glad to see her and that she was well loved by all. It is great to see a class come together like that and support one of their own. It is good to know that after thirty years, we still care about one of our own.

If you have someone suffering with this illness, please share a name or even a nickname in the comments so that we can say a prayer for them. God Bless all suffering!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24