Life Changes

I know that I have not written here for some time and I must explain to all my fans why I have not written. It began in May with a routine doctor's appointment for my daughter. We discovered that she was pregnant and due in three weeks. Now, mind you that although she is 18 she lives with my hubby and I here on the farm and none of us knew she was pregnant.

I had questioned her a few times, but following a doctor's appointment that consisted of renewing her birth control, I was sure that it was just me being paranoid. Plus, she was still having her cycles and she was not sick or extremely tired. She was still riding her horses and getting ready to show at the fair.  Imagine our shock!

My hubby was furious with her as we have always talked with our children about what expectations they should have for themselves. We have also shared his experience of being a young father and we thought we prepared them well to certainly make sure that they had a good future and waited for children. He did not want to talk to her at first. She decided to go stay with her sister that lives just a few miles down the road.

The next morning, I get a phone call that says they are at the hospital and that she is in active labor. I felt that I was in a dream. I knew that however disappointed I was, I had to go to the hospital. Hubby would not go, but I knew she needed us there so I went. As I arrived, I was sure it was a mistake. There was no way a baby that we had no thought of until the day before, could possibly be arriving this day. How wrong I was!  About 6 hours later, we had a beautiful baby girl weighing 6 pounds and 3 ounces and absolutely perfect! She was welcomed into the world by friends and family and I could not have been any prouder of my daughter or my new granddaughter.

Delivery went very smooth and she never complained once of pain. She pushed about 5 times and that was done. She kept telling the nurse that she did not need pain meds but they seemed to want to push them on her. I was proud that she did not have any. This child had been through enough without meds being given to mom during the birthing process. After all, my daughter had been practicing her barrel racing just a couple of days before.

Needless to say, baby is now the apple of Papaw's eyes. She is also Grandma's baby. I believe that she may be a little spoiled, but I prefer to call it well loved!  Of course, life has changed a bit since her arrival, but I certainly won't send her back and neither will the hubby.

Once, the adjustment was made to her being here, both of my clients that I have cared for at work suddenly were in the nursing home. This stopped my work until changes were made and new clients were found. I suddenly found myself with some free time and I was happy to have it honestly. I missed the ladies but I was able to adjust to the life changes that were here. Plus, it was fair time and I was sure my daughter would finish her final year of 4H. She did and done well with her projects. She even won some ribbons on Jigsaw, the horse I talked of earlier.

Once fair was over, I took a much needed and welcomed vacation with three of my friends. It was nice and I enjoyed the time away. We just returned a few days ago from a a trip to Savannah, Georgia and I will be sharing those adventures soon. Now it is time to catch up on my online writing and friendships plus time to consider my work. I am returning Monday although I truly do not want to.

I hope that each of you have a wonderful day and I pray that each of you can find God's peace and love as you go through this journey we call life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner