Rough Winds

The wind is really whistling through the woods today and doing some destruction along the way. Just a little bit ago, I heard a loud crash and knew that something was not right. As I approached the back, I noticed that the horses were scrambling, so I instantly knew that whatever the noise was I needed to check the pasture first.

With mud boots on, I began my trek into the field. I did not have to walk far to see that the top of a large tree had blown out and completely smashed one of the round bale feeders in the field. This could prove to be a problem as we have one horse that is somewhat of a bully and does not like to share with the others. That is why we like to keep two feeders there.

I would say that our wind gusts are around 50 mph currently and although the temperatures are warm, it does seem to be cooling down some with the wind. I am sure that the evening is going to be quite cooler than some we have recently seen. The only nice thing about the wind is that most times a strong wind like this will harden the ground some and we could use a little less mud.

There is a saying around here that if you don't like the weather, wait an hour and it will change, let's hope that the next change is that the wind stops howling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner