First Horse Show

We have completed our first horse show of the season and I must say that I am very proud of my daughter. She took a new horse in and actually done good for the first time with him. She was a little nervous as she has shown her walking horse, Abdul every other year.

However, this time out with Jigsaw was a successful day as far as I am concerned. She won a first place, a sixth place, a seventh place, and a fourth. The first was in sloppy showmanship, but she will still take that. She was a hot mess for that let me tell you! She even had the horse to step over the cone. It is one of the classes that she always looks forward too in any show.

Her friend also went with her to this open show. She has never shown before and done quite well with a second and third place finish. Her ninth place was not so great but for the first time in the arena, I feel they did accomplish quite a bit. I am sure that they both had fun! The wind was less than desirable, but it could have been worse I guess. Temperatures began in the upper 30s today and we ended up in the upper 50s, I would guess. However, the wind would almost cut you in half when it was hitting you.

It was a nice show day and we are anxiously awaiting our next one! I am thinking that I might want to show at next week's show if I can get my husband to get things ready for it. Maybe I go beat them all. LOL!!

I hope each of you have had a nice weekend. I love show season and I look forward to many more weekends like this- hopefully a little less windy!

+horse-show
+Equitation
+farm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner