Post Thanksgiving Thoughts

Just like many others this week, I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. We have discussed what we are thankful for and we have talked about the upcoming Christmas season. I have really became discouraged with Christmas as it seems that each year we are trying to outdo the year before. It also seems as though each year the money becomes harder and harder to come by although I do work outside the home. However, I know that I have many things to be thankful for and I will focus on that.

I am thankful that I have family that loves me and that will allow me the time to write online and have this amazing blog. I am thankful for the fact that they do not care if I write about them. I am thankful that God has allowed us to have horses and other animals here. I am thankful that I have children that have been fairly obedient even during their teen years. I am thankful that my oldest has struggled with Lyme Disease but has not allowed it to control her life.

I am thankful that my nephew and niece have both lived with me this year. I am thankful that I was able to give my nephew a home and that my niece has gone back to her mother. It is not because I did not want her here, but I think all teen girls need their mothers. I am thankful that my nephew that was getting into some trouble before has now gotten a job and has straightened up.

I am thankful that my mom is going back into surgery to repair the esophagus problems that she had earlier in the year. I am thankful that at 80 years old she is able to do most things on her own. She lives with us due to finances for herself, but she could live independently.

I am thankful for the job that I have and I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach each day. Those are necessities that some people do not have. This brings me to what I have decided to do. I am going to attempt to start a not for profit organization for helping those less fortunate in cities where there are not many homeless shelters and other places to help them.

I am asking for advice as to what I could use as the name and what I could do to start it. I know raising money these days is hard but I believe that if you believe and trust God, He will provide, I will give more details soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24