Winter

As I stare out the window, I wonder just why we all complain so much about the weather. Yes, I am tired of the cold. Yes, I am tired of the snow, but I can't change it and it is the work of God, so why should I complain. He knows what is best and I don't question him on the other many things in my life that are not in my control, so why the weather?

I believe that we have some beautiful weather in the other months of the year and I believe that he gives us a season for each part of our lives and so the weather is just the same. He gives us cold and snow to kill insects and germs from the air and land and we should be willing to accept it and not be upset about it. I feel that we should appreciate the beauty in each day and if that happens to be a winter wonderland, then be thankful that we have seen another snowfall.

Be thankful that you are not blind and can see the beauty of the snow on the trees and the white that represents cleansing. Be thankful that  you are not paralyzed and can't make a snow angel or go sledding. Be thankful that you can feel the cold and that you have a warm place to sleep and food to eat on a cold snowy day. So many things to be thankful for and yet, we complain instead of enjoying what we have.

Life is so hectic and so many times I hear people say, "If only I were not so busy", well it could be that the snow is just for that, a time to remind us to slow down a little. Maybe companies should consider working snow days in for adults. Maybe we should all learn to slow down and enjoy the snow and the beauty of the earth around us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024