What's Cooking- Bacon Alfredo Potatoes

Cooking is one of my passions, but I don't seem to ever find the time to try new recipes or have time to make some of the homemade items that I would like to make. I am a huge fan of  The Pioneer Woman and I am always looking at recipes that she has done that my family might enjoy. Several weeks ago, I copied down a recipe for individual key lime pies that I was wanting to try.

Being that yesterday was a little slower day than most, I decided that I would try to make the pies. I also decided that I would attempt to make homemade yeast rolls and I would also make venison steaks in the crock pot. So I put the steaks in and let them cook with brown gravy and beef bouillon on them. I started making the rolls and the pies. The dough for the rolls had to rise and the curd for the pies had to set for a couple of hours, but I managed to make the crust and whipped cream for the pies while I was waiting.

The pies were easy to make but required several steps, but I enjoyed them and the family liked them. They are certainly going to be on a list of desserts for us. I regret to say that the rolls were not as fortunate. They looked like biscuits instead of rolls and I discovered the you must set them in the pan close together for them to raise right.

The steaks were delicious as were the potatoes and the pies.I had also made a new type of potatoes and the family loved them too. I will put the recipe for them at the end of this page.I would encourage each of my readers to try new recipes and to find the time to cook.


Bacon Alfredo Potatoes

6-8 medium potatoes, sliced
1 jar Prego Bacon Alfredo sauce
8 oz. shredded cheese, any flavor
butter

Grease a medium baking dish with the butter. Slice potatoes and place into baking dish. Pour sauce over the potatoes and cover with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove  from oven and add cheese to the top of it. Cover with foil and finish baking for about 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24