Sunday Morning Thoughts

Good Sunday morning! As I sit here with my coconut coffee thinking about what the week has been like, I must say that God has blessed, even through some trials. My daughter and I went to a southern gospel sing last night and I must say that it was a true blessing! We heard three groups- The Naile Family, The Parsons, and The Talley's.

Anyone who has ever seen the Talley's perform know what a blessing they are. However, I must say that last night they totally were the blessing that Columbus, Indiana needed. The entire church seemed touched by their music and I was brought to tears when Mrs. Talley told a story about being in a Walmart parking lot and seeing a young lady holding a sign asking for money. She started to ignore her but the Lord would not let her. As she spoke to the young woman she found out that the lady was without a job and had two small children at home, she was embarrassed to be there but her rent was due and she didn't know what else to do. ( In the area we live in there are many people standing near Walmart with these types of signs) Mrs. Talley prayed with her and when she asked her name she simply replied, "Angel" and and Mrs. Talley said "Of course it was". Isn't God amazing?  Of course, she prayed with her and handed her some money, but said as she started in the store, God's voice said "you know what you need to do". How many times do we hear that little voice and know that He is telling us that we know what we need to do, but we don't do?

I have a story similar to share and never thought to share it until last night. Last year at Christmas time, I was shopping (for groceries) and wondering how I was going to buy a nice gift for my husband. While I was working two jobs, I still was struggling to make the extra money for gifts. I had both girls covered, but really wanted to get him something nice. As I was leaving, I noticed a young man standing near the road with one of those signs "family in need". Not an unusual sight, but something about this sign made me take an extra look. It was raining (or possibly a wet snow, can't remember) and he was freezing. As I pulled up to the stop light where he was standing, I felt a sudden need to help him. ( There God was telling me that I knew what I needed to do). I told my daughter to look in my purse, I had two dollars. Wrestling on obeying, I thought Lord, I need that two dollars, I don't have much in the bank and I need that. Well, I heard that voice again, I knew what I needed to do, but didn't want to obey. Well, I gave in and handed the man the two dollars and told him that I was sorry it was not much, but it might help. He cried and thanked me and said, " God Bless".

 As I started to drive away, I felt a sense of peace. The very next day, a young man came into the store where I worked and paid for his purchase in coins.Two of them were older coins so after he left, I bought those coins with some change that I had from my purse. When I got home that evening, I looked these coins up and found that they were peace dollars and were worth some money. The next day I took them to the local coin shop and sold them for enough to purchase my husband a nice gift. I was so thrilled and thanked God all the way home. I was so thankful that I had followed that little voice! I knew what I needed to do and I am glad that I obeyed. God provides and blesses, if we just allow Him to.

Also, another blessing last night I have to share. A young man in our community is fighting for his life after suffering from a hear stroke during soccer practice last week. I don't personally know him, but I have friends whose son is best friend's with this boy. As I was sitting in that church last night, I was thinking of him and his family and praying for this young man, the next song that The Talley's sang was " The Broken Ones" and it speaks of how God loves and cares for the broken ones and how if we all were to trust Him  there would be fewer broken ones. I thought about this young man and suddenly felt a calm, peace come over me. I am sure this is a sign to me that he will pull through this. Once again, isn't God amazing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024