Public School vs. Home School

Many people debate for hours on whether children should attend public school or be home schooled and there could be pros to each side of it, but I have not debated it any year since I started home schooling my daughters. This year as public schools are starting earlier than ever before, I am thankful that this debate is over for us.

Our neighbors' kids all go to school today and while they are sitting in a classroom, my daughter and I will be able to do fun stuff together. Her dad is taking her fishing while I work and then we will possibly ride our horses after I return home. The temps are supposed to increase along with the humidity tomorrow and that will mean that we are not as active outside during the day, but it also means that once the sun starts going down ( usually after 8:30 p.m.) that she will be able to be outside while the other kids are going to be in order to attend school tomorrow.

I have been working on school plans and I am excited to begin our new school year. We usually start the Monday after Labor Day ( yes, school should start after Labor Day and end in May - it is still possible) and we usually take the month of December off other than baking , art creations, and music appreciation, and we still usually finish in May. It is amazing that public schools have to start so early and are still usually attending until the last of May or the first of June.

Our school year is going to begin with learning Spanish, Oceanography, and math on a wonderful website called allinonehomeschool . After reading the Easy Peasy Home School site, I have decided that I want to go down a new path this year and see if my daughter can learn more by doing more work online.

I will be posting pictures soon and I will keep you up to date on what is going on. I am thinking of starting a new blog too, so just keep watching for my site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024