Pepper Steak Recipe

As promised earlier, I am using this blog to keep me organized and accountable as to the changes I need to make in my life and household. One of the main problems that I have had recently is trying to make meals that everyone likes and that I have the ingredients out of  the freezer and pantry that I need for the meal that I want to make. I find that my meal planning is not the best and so I find many evenings that I am rushing to find a meal that I can fix because I have not gotten anything out of the freezer to thaw to cook.

Being that we live in a rural area and that we raise much of our own meat, I always have plenty of food in the freezer and so it is usually just a matter of being unprepared. I have decided that meals were easier when I used a meal plan or menu. I usually only make one to two weeks at a time, but I like to ask for ideas as well when I am planning. Tonight 's meal was not planned to be Pepper Steaks but as I was cleaning the freezer out I found some steaks that had been in there for awhile and I found some frozen pepper strips that were left over from the summer bounty. I really didn't have a meal planned for Thursday so I moved tonight's meal to Thursday and planned the steaks for tonight. Having a meal plan or menu does not mean that changes can't be made, it is just a way to avoid those last minute "what's for dinner" with no plan moments.

Being that Pepper Steak is the menu tonight, I decided that I would share my recipe.

4-6 steaks of whichever cut you prefer
Steak Seasoning, your choice
Bell Peppers
Red Bell Pepper
Banana Pepper
Onions

Slice the peppers and onions thin . Place steak onto a piece of aluminum foil. Place pepper and onion strips on top of steaks. Season steaks to taste. Wrap in the foil and bake at 350 degrees until steaks are done, usually 30-45 minutes based on cut of steak.

I am fixing teriyaki rice, broccoli, and corn with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner