Praying for Rebuilding

Prayers are really needed for the residents of Henryville and Marysville, Indiana. Those two small towns along with a few other small towns were hit really hard last week by an EF4 tornado and pretty much demolished. One entire family was killed and several others deaths and injuries were reported.
The residents are extremely blessed that the death toll was not nearly as high as it could have been with the damage that is being reported. I am not in that area as I live north of there, but I am within probably less than 100 miles from there.
I am hoping to take my day off next week and take my daughter to help a family to clean up or do something that they need to do. I may attempt to take food in as well as I am sure that the shelters are in dire need at the moment and will be for a long time.
The Henryville High School was completely demolished and will be a long time in rebuilding. There was a girl interviewed on the news that talked about how she had went to school in that town her entire life and will not be able to graduate in that school now. How sad! A story of this intensity affects more than just the families who lose homes.
These survivors can rebuild and they will and the towns will return in time, but for now prayers are greatly needed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24