New Pony

My husband done some trading and got a new pony this week. He is an 8 or 9 year old paint horse and has flaxen on his mane and tail. He is such a gorgeous pony and I was thrilled when I seen him even though I do not like paint horses normally. He looks like he has had highlights in his hair. He is just a really neat color with a beautiful mane and tail. I decided that I wanted him to have a really neat and cool name and "Sir Fancy Pants" came to mind. My family thinks I am crazy to name him that.

He rides fairly well, but he is a little stubborn and he is a follower. He will ride well if there is a horse in front of him or if he has someone walking beside him. However, he is scared of eveything it seems and he seems very nervous. I hope to break him a little more and teach him to ride better. I want to take him when we go to the park and ride.

If anyone has any suggestions on things that I can do to help him learn to trust me a little more, I would certainly appreciate the ideas as I believe that he has been mistreated in the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024