French Onion Meatloaf

My husband loves french onion soup, which amazes me as he is a very picky eater. He also loves french onion dip with his Ruffles. Recently, we were at a small Amish grocery store and found a powdered french onion dip mix that you add to one 8 ounce container of sour cream to make chip dip with. On the front of the package, was a suggestion to add 1/2 cup of the powder to meatloaf.
Deciding that I would try it, I mixed up my meatloaf with 1 1/2 pounds of ground round with 3 eggs, some breadcrumbs, and about 1/2 cup of chopped onions along with my tomato sauce. Once this was mixed together, I decided to add the french onion powder to the mix as it suggested.
The result was a very moist and tasty meatloaf. The French Onion meatloaf was an excellent new recipe for us and something we will certainly be eating more of. It adds so much flavoring to the meatloaf and my husband said that it was like eating a bowl of soup.
I was also thinking that I might try the Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix next time as well. We eat it on pork chops that we grill and so I think that it would make a nice addition to the meatloaf as well.

Comments

  1. That sounds delicious! Just recently, I added some onion soup mix to brown rice before I cooked it; and we all really liked that. It didn't give it a strong onion flavor, but just the hint of flavor it did give was quite nice!

    I'm going to tuck this idea in the back of my head for the next time I make meatloaf. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner