Time4Learning Review

As many of you know, I am a homeschool mom that is very busy due to the caring of the home and many of the animals that we have here on the farm. I have homeschooled for 7 years and there are days that I throughly enjoy it and there are other days that I find that it is one of the most challenging things that I have ever done in my life.
Recently I decided that I would try a website that I had many other parents talk about helping their children. Time4Learning.com The site is a really bright and inteactive site and does have age appropriate lessons for the child. Being that my daughter struggles with math and reading, I was hoping that the site would be exactly what she needed to help her with learning the things that I am struggling with teaching her. I signed her up at grade level though and was surprised at some of the work that she was given.
She had many activities to choose from in basic subjects such as math, language arts, science and social studies. However, I really felt that the subjects were too hard for her and that she was not as interested in the activities as I thought that she would be. The subjects were well covered within the site but I felt as though it just was not what we needed. If a child can work well independently, then the site could be an added part of a homeschool curriculum or can be used for the majority of their home school day. However, if your child doesn't work well alone, then it might be that you are spending as much time here as the child and not learning as nearly as much as you would with another program.
Time4Learning is a great program for those students who do not need a lot of adult supervision, but it doesn't seem to aid in the struggling child's curriculum. Challenging a child is one thing, but struggling to make it work can be too much of a challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24