Cold Day

It's another cold day here on the farm, but the woodstove is going strong and there is a pot of fresh homemade venison stew on the stove so the opportunities to get warm abound in here. Dinner has to be made ahead of time as my daughter and I are attending a program at the local library tonight.
The library is offering a class on how to make string dolls that orginated in Thailand. I do not know much about these, but I am sure that it will be fun and that she will enjoy the finished project. We always enjoy the trips to the library and the programs that they offer. We are signed up for several this month as if we could possibly need anything more to do in the month of December.
With hardly any Christmas shopping done, it will be a chore to finish it. I did finish the remainder of the cards today and I did do some baking and gift wrapping, so it is not a lost cause. There is so much to be thankful of at this time of the year and yet it seems that society has made it so much of an effort to enjoy it. As I sit here writing this and listening to some Christmas carol cd's that I picked up on our last visit to the library, I must say that I am just reminiscent of all of the joys that Christms brought in years past.
I remember as a young girl, we received homemade gifts one year for Christmas as my mom didn't have the money to buy gifts and we didn't mind as we were thankful that we had a Christmas morning that there were gifts under the tree. Many children would be mad that they didn't have the latest trendy toy that is on the market, but we were thankful that we had gifts at all.
I also remember both of my children's first Christmas' and what a joy it was to watch as they discovered the magic of the lights on the tree, the sounds of the songs being played , and the amazement of the gifts under the tree on Christmas morning. What a pleasure and joy those mornings were.
Well, it is nearing time to start the car and venture off into the cold to make dolls so until tomorrow - Have a great evening everyone!

Comments

  1. Today isnt too cold here in Alberta, infact its melting! However more snow and colder weather is on the way..
    Been bringing the sheep in the barn to keep them safe.. warm.. and ready for lambing (we only have 10 sheep - they are pets)

    Take care,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner